Whether you’re looking for a unique and impressive way to entertain a client, or want an inspiring setting for a team-building event, we design our corporate events specifically to your requirements. We work with you every step of the way to ensure that we create a bespoke experience that is truly unforgettable. We have a team of talented experts on hand who can run events in many areas – from chocolate-creating to pasta-making, preserving and baking. If you have an idea in mind, we are always keen to try and bring it to life.
Possible outline for a baking day:
- Welcoming mugs of tea or coffee and a selection of Miranda’s homemade cakes and biscuits; or, for those who have missed breakfast, homemade raisin bread with Miranda’s strawberry jam.
- Reassuring introduction to all things baking, and gingerbread man ice-breaker to start the day.
- Hands-on baking masterclass led by Miranda and her assistant.
- Delicious homemade group lunch baked by Miranda, some of the menu drawing on your morning’s endeavours. To include a glass of prosecco and wine.
- Afternoon – hands-on baking masterclass.
- Finish the day with tea and a slice of cake.
- Pack your homemade bakes into a box and proudly take them home to share with your family or friends!
Team days & Transformation days
Can be held at The Kitchen School, at various central London locations, or at an appropriate agreed location
- Spend time with colleagues.
- Get together members of the team that don’t usually work together
- Have fun
- Build relationships for better working
- Everyone to engage and participate
- Learn new skills
Example of a bespoke day:
- International firm undergoing change
- Refocus on global transformation
- Encourage working to a different perspective
- Looking at the unexpected
- Adapting and doing things differently
- Understanding the need to work to deadlines and deliver successful outcomes
- Work as a team to achieve a common aim
- Understand the different skills and contributions members of the team can make
- Surprise and do things differently – ingredients are not always as they seem or used in the way you expect.
- Introduce an international element to the tea party
Welcome and introductions
Creativity, ideas, accuracy, listening,
Bake-off challenge 1
Bake your own tea party
The team will be split into six groups and each group will be provided with a recipe to bake for the tea party.
Tea party menu:
- Sultana scones with jam and clotted cream
- Savoury tartlets
- Decorated vanilla biscuits (Miranda to bring biscuits – everyone to decorate)
- Pizza cake
- Chocolate courgette cake
- Lavender madeleines
Bake Off Challenge 2
- Miranda – 15-minute cake-making demonstration
- To include top tips and advice on how to get the best results.
- Transform this cake recipe into a baked and decorated cake.
- Understand how to transform simple ingredients.
- Teams to be provided with the same cake recipe.
- All ingredients on a central table for everyone to help themselves.
- Need to work together to bake the cake and to ice and decorate.
- Can use any tins provided.
- Can choose from three types of icing
- Can decorate using any decorations provided
Cakes will be judged on:
- Quality of bake – taste, texture of sponge
- Standard of decoration
- Scores will also be given for
- Team-working, trying new skills, enthusiasm and time-keeping
To chat through your specific requirements or to discuss any corporate days in more detail, please contact Miranda on 01798 861905 or email on email@example.com.