Recipe from Biscuit published by Ebury Press, £14.99. Photo by Laura Edwards.
- 75 g milk chocolate
- 75 g dark chocolate
- 2 Mars® bars
- 50 g unsalted butter
- 2 tsp golden syrup
- about 5 Shredded Wheat®, crumbled
- 36 mini chocolate eggs
- Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper, or put paper cases into a 12-hole cupcake tray. Set aside.
- Break the chocolate into pieces and chop the Mars® bars into small slices. Put them all into a pan with the butter and syrup and melt over a lowheat, stirring regularly to make sure the mixture doesn’t stick or burn. Set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- Stir about a third of the Shredded Wheat® into the melted chocolate and mix really well. Continue adding the Shredded Wheat® a little at a time and mixing after each addition. Stop adding if it looks like there is not enough chocolate to cover any more.
- Spoon 12 dollops of the mixture onto the baking tray or into the paper cases. Make a dent in the middle with your fingertip or the handle of awooden spoon and press three eggs into it while still wet. Put the tray in the fridge for a fewhours or ideally overnight.
- Sit a fluffy chick on top of some of the nests before serving.
This recipe and others can also be found on www.thehappyfoodie.co.uk.